Our family decided to rent a cabin for Spring Break this year. We took an 8-hour drive to Village Creek State Park in Arkansas. We left early, early Monday morning (March 14th) and got back late, late Friday evening (March 18th).
Here is our cabin. It actually had enough rooms and beds to fit our family of seven.
The weather was beautiful from the day we arrived.
Here is Jenna sitting up in a tree.
Mason was climbing trees from the minute we got out of the car.
I had him pose so I could take a quick picture.
Jenna and Kirk
We don't have a fireplace in our home in Texas.
It was so nice to have Kirk build a fire every night.
It was also nice that there were piles and piles of wood already chopped up by our back door.
Family photo, minus the cameraman (Kirk)
Mason, Staci, Jenna, Daisy, Hanna, and Kaydee
This picture was taken right before our first hike.
This was the Austell Trail.
I bought this hat for Jenna during her first trip to the Fort Worth Zoo.
She was only a few months old and it was huge on her. Now almost a year later, it finally fits.
This was another hike our family took. It was also the longest.
It was called the Military Road Trail.
Kaydee and Hanna are up front.
Hanna and Kaydee in the middle of the hike.
I took this picture of Kirk while he was eating a beef stick, not smoking a cigar.
It was a funny picture, so I had to add it.
Here is Hanna and Mason during another hike. It was the Big Ben Nature Trail.
This photo reminds me of the old pioneer photos when the husband and wife looked very serious.
If you click on it and make it larger, you will understand what I mean.
A beautiful bridge while we were on the Big Ben Nature Trail.
It was the funnest and most beautiful trail of the vacation.
This is my favorite picture of Kirk.
This photo was also taken while on the Big Ben Nature Trail.
One morning before we started our schedule for the day, Kirk took several pictures of Jenna.
They are some of the sweetest photos. She was sitting right in front of the window in Kirk's and my room.
Here's another one of the bunch....
Awwwwww.......what a squishy smile!!
I loved this picture. Jenna's eyes are so blue. It focuses right in on her sweet, little, baby face.
This is the very start of the Military Road Trail.
If I knew how long it was going to be at this point, I would not have taken it.
However, it does have an interesting historical background.
It is part of the Trail of Tears the Native Americans took so many years ago.
Here is little Daisy taking a break while hiking.
I was so proud of her. She never complained about being tired or worn out while we were hiking.
Another photo of Daisy.
I told Mason to freeze so I could take his picture.
I was so surprised and grateful to get a nice smile too.
Love this photo of Kirk and Jenna.
He is sharing a little bit of nature with her.
She loves to be outside.
Especially when we let her gather rocks, sticks, and leaves.
Here is the back of our cabin that we rented.
Right behind me is a beautiful lake.
Kaydee and Hanna
Family Photo
This was the last hike we took.
I can't remember the name of it though.
This is also where we stopped to eat lunch.
This little area was right after the entrance to the state park.
We took this photo the day before we left.
This is a more serious photo, and....
Then Kirk asked us all to pose. Why not?
Daisy was a little embarrassed to join us, and Mason was looking at Kirk thinking "Are you kidding me?"
There was a full moon one evening. Kirk decided to take the camera out in the dark and shoot some photos.
I think they turned out pretty good.
I found a red leaf on the ground while hiking back to the cabin.
I thought it would make a neat picture.
We had a wonderful time together at Village Creek State Park. We did a lot of hiking, snacking, game-playing, snacking, staying up late, and snacking. But most importantly, we made some unforgettable memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.